If you are in New York, you should know that having personal insurance protection (PIP) is a must here. Even if you had a part role in a car accident, you can still ask the insurance company for compensation. Insurance companies, unfortunately, are not very empathic when a claim comes up. Eventually, they do try to reduce their overall financial liability in a case. That’s precisely where you need to get a car accident attorney by your side. Besides that, if you want to file a personal injury lawsuit against the party at fault, you will need legal expertise. If you live in Syracuse, NY or surrounding area, finding a law firm with a Syracuse office for your case may seem complicated, but don’t worry. A simple online search will help you identify which law firms have offices in Syracuse and which ones don’t. In this post, we are discussing some of the situations where you definitely need a lawyer, but more importantly, how to find one.
Circumstances to consider
You definitely need to get a car accident attorney for your case, if
- Your injuries are severe
- Your injuries are likely to impact your life in the long run.
- Your injuries will prevent you from getting to work.
- The insurance company has denied your claim
- The insurer has been delaying your claim.
- You are sure that the other person is at fault
- You are having a hard time understanding the laws
Hiring the right attorney
Finding a reliable car accident attorney for your case is as important. Thankfully, there are some amazing law offices in Syracuse that can help in car accident and speeding-related matters. Their attorneys will ensure that you get the right advice, and they will handle the insurance company on your behalf. So, what does it take to select a car accident attorney?
- Firstly, ensure that the attorney or law firm has experience with various auto and car accident matters.
- Secondly, they must have enough clients. Ask for references, or check online for reviews.
- Ask for a personal meeting, where you can discuss the facts of the case and can get your questions answered.
- Check if the car accident attorney is going to work on a contingency basis and how much they would charge for your case.
- Investigation and trial also matter. A good attorney will do their bit to find evidence and witnesses to prove their matter, and while car accident cases are resolved easily through negotiation, the lawyer should have some experience of handling things at trial.
Check for car accident attorneys in NY now and contact one to know more on your case.