Almost no one turns up to do their workout every day feeling 100 per cent ready for it. On the contrary, there are many days when people enter their gym feeling unmotivated and tired. It is not an excuse to skip your workout. But if you find this as a barrier to completing an effective workout, then pre-workout supplements are what you need to elevate your training.
Many people do not buy pre-workout online as they think of it as a marketing gimmick. But they are actually backed by evidence. Recently, a study demonstrated how pre-workouts, when combined with high-intensity workouts, led to a considerable increase in training volume and lean muscle development. Thus, there’s no reason to doubt the efficacy of pre-workout supplements.
What Is a Pre-Workout?
Not fuelling yourself adequately before intense training sessions results in you feeling fatigued faster than what is considered normal. When you buy pre-workout online, it helps you to fight this fatigue so that you can push yourself harder during your training.
Pre-workout supplements are recommended to be mixed with a liquid and consumed half an hour before your workout. They work by supplying your body with more carbohydrates. The glucose from the carbohydrates raises your blood sugar levels which, in turn, gives your body more energy during exercise.
What Does a Pre-Workout Contain?
Many people hesitate to buy pre-workout online as they think that they are not safe. But you don’t need to worry about it when you are buying it from a trusted brand. It is also good to educate yourself on its ingredients and what they actually do.
Some of the major ingredients in good quality pre-workout supplements are:
- Creatine MonoHydrate –Creatine enhances the power of your muscles and thus increases your performance during training sessions.
- BCAAs –BCAAs or branched-chain amino acids increase endurance and strength by preserving cellular energy and aiding protein synthesis.
- Taurine –It is a sulphonic acid that metabolizes fats and prevents oxidative stress during exercise.
- B Vitamins –All of the B-vitamins help in energy production. For example, vitamin B12 aids blood production, and vitamin B3 enhances DNA repair and impart healthier-looking skin.
- NO2 Boosters –Arginine, citrulline are examples of NO2 or nitrogen dioxide boosters. They relax your veins and arteries, which, in turn, makes it easy for the blood to flow and deliver nutrients quickly and efficiently.
The Right Time to Take Pre-Workout
If you are planning to buy pre-workout online, then you should be aware of the right time to take it. Remember that just because they are named as pre-workout does not mean that you only have to consume them before your workout. Although you can take them as early as 15 to 20 minutes before your training, you can delay them till an hour into your workout if you are fond of longer sessions.
A key point to remember with pre-workouts is that if you consistently consume them over many months, they will cause your body to become tolerant to their effects. You won’t get the same benefits from them that you felt earlier. Thus, it is important to use them for about 6 to 8 weeks and then stop their usage for some time. You can consume them again after a few weeks.